Saturday, July 26, 2008

ps...we're in waco

I feel so bad that it's taken me this long to simply say "WE'RE HERE!" We arrived here safely on Thursday (just as planned), and it's been a whirlwind ever since. I've got tons of pictures to post for many days' worth of being on the road. We are all well and extremely excited to be here. Ilana is so thankful that she doesn't have to go into her car seat for more than quick trips and Moses is thankful to have more room to roam around.
IT IS HOT! Let me say it again: IT IS HOT!!! Right now our thermometer reads 94.7 degrees IN THE SHADE, and that's without humidity (and it's around 6 p.m.). My mother-in-law and I just came from the grocery store where we were given this advice: drink lots of water and run after dark. To which I responded: YES, YES AND YES. :)
The people down here are so nice. There is a professor in residence who lives right below us with his wife, 10-year old and 17-year old daughters and dog (he is brave!). We are so thankful for what the Lord has provided down here. I promise I'll post pictures as soon as I can find where Paul put the chord to connect the computer and camera.
Thanks for your patience. Welcome home.
-H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It was great to hear from you guys. I have been watching the weather channel and temps down there....HOT>>HOY>>>HOT. Sounds like things are going very well. We are very thankful.

Love and hugs,
Nonni and PopPop

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad to hear you made it in one piece! I've been checking the blog to make sure you didn't lose your trailer or anything, and you didn't! Last Sunday I told Bill "can you believe that we are all moved in and Heather and Paul are still driving... for three more days (or something like that!)!?!?!" Have fun in Texas - I hope you got your little Texan a pair of overalls :-D

Love,
Laura