Wednesday, May 21, 2008

An update from the homefront...

I'd say she likes her "pouch"...
Some awake and happy time (we enjoy these when they come...these times are few and far between some days)...

Ilana's tear ducts opened a few weeks ago, making her "fuss fests" (as I call them) more emotionally challenging for me...

We're starting to think she's pretty cool! We had Ilana at the pediatrician's office on Friday for her one month check-up. (Has it been that long already?!) She weighs 8 lbs. 14 oz. She's gained beyond her birth weight and the doctors feel great with how she's doing in every way. What an encouragement! Our next visit will be in another month for her first round of vaccinations...I better pack some tissues!
-H

3 comments:

Alison said...

Heather, this is Laura Hoffman's sister...Just had to comment (I've been stalking..)

Your daughter is adorable and I can't take the cuteness of those CHEEKS..Love them! :)

I also wanted to mention that I know Kim (Quist) Glimore - we go to the same church!!

Now this post is become a little long...Have a good evening!

Besther said...

Heather, I just read an article about how babies are comforted from pain through skin on skin contact and how mothers of premies are holding their little ones for shots and other procedures. Studies are showing that the babies who are held rebound from the pain much faster. I know your little one isn't a premie, but I wonder if the same applies for her? Just a thought!

Glad to hear you are loving parenthood...keep us up to date on her development! and keep the pictures coming!!!!! SO CUTE!

Katie said...

when you wear the pouch do you ever have the thought: "i can't believe she was in my belly"? well, i did all of the time with Iz was in the sling like that. crazy to think. anyways..she looks great! Congrats on the weight gain. love ya