Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Dog Days of Summer

Well, summer is officially over and here is our overview...


We LOVE our sweet sweet puppy...even though he is huge!

Paul patched and re-finished (which includes sanding, staining and polyurethane-ing) the hard wood floors on our entire first floor. It was our "summer house project" and one that, according to Paul, we will NEVER do ourselves again. You've got to be crazy once, right?

We enjoyed lots of fresh fruit and veggies from our garden and Paul's parents' garden. YUM!!!


And finally, the biggest news of all...

I AM TWO MONTHS PREGNANT!!! We were planning on doing this in about 2 years, but obviously God has other plans. Being pregnant has given us a very real deadline for almost everything: our house, Paul's grad school plans, etc. etc. etc. For right now, we're trying to simply get used to the idea. We are excited about this, but the excitement came after the initial "WHAT THE HECK" feeling. I'm due in late April/early May. I'm sorry that we weren't able to tell everyone personally and that some people are probably finding out about this just as they read this, but (as you can imagine) life has been pretty crazy recently. Thankfully I've been feeling good, just nauseous and tired. I'm done by about 9:00 every night (I already feel so old!), and I don't sleep at night very well thanks to my shrinking bladder. So, there will be lots more posts now that the "big news" is out.

We hope your "dog days of summer" were wonderful as well!

-H

No comments: